Saturday, February 18, 2012

Villa Escudero

Yesterday we visited an old Spanish Plantation called Villa Escudero . It was a pretty big place and definitely a tourist draw. I have never seen so may in one place here. First we went to the museum which had some pretty cool old Spanish Christian parade floats, relics, costumes, jewelry etc. This picture was taken inside the museum of a lavish depiction of the last supper. After I had taken the picture I found out no photos were allowed. Oops! 


The Exterior of the Museum.
A statue of the Escuderos.

A water-buffalo cart ride to the waterfall and lunch.Eldon is standing up inside.

Isn't he cute!

Removing our shoes so we could wade out into the river at the base of the waterfall to eat lunch. It was a unique and beautiful setting. 

All of the people you see and the tables are in the river from the waterfall. It is actually a dam and the water comes from a river and you eat in the river as it continues on.

Eldon and Elder and Sister Hawkes

Leafs kept hitting my feet as I ate. It freaked you out a little bit not knowing what was flowing around you. 

One of the workers retrieving coconuts from the tree for a demonstration of it's uses and everyone got some buco juice (young coconut juice ) If wanted. I don't like it so I turned it down.

Almost to the top.

Cultural entertainment. It was good but we had seen almost all of the same dances at the restaurant we went to on Monday. It was actually the 4th time we had seen the same dances. They are good but I have seen enough. These young men forgot half of the costume I think. A little more flesh than I needed to see.

Beautiful costumes.

Bamboo Stick Pole dancing is a favorite

A Spanish Princess costume and dancer.

No comments:

Post a Comment